Stop feeling like a fraud and start thriving
Impostor syndrome webinar was created in collaboration with SheSays Munich on 20. 5. 2021
We talk about impostor syndrome when established professionals have a strong inner voice that acts like a critic using some or all of these lines:
- I’m a phoney, a fraud.
- It’s only a matter of time until they figure out I don’t belong here.
- I’m only successful because I was extremely lucky.
- If I can do it, anyone can.
- I had a lot of help – it was a team effort.
- They are just being nice/polite.
- Failure is not an option.
- Another achievement is done. What’s next?
What’s next? The phenomena can vary in intensity and can in extreme cases become debilitating and can manifest in symptoms related to depression, anxiety, and extremely low self-esteem.
The session will address:
- Quick history
- What is the impostor phenomena?
- How do we recognize it?
- Different Types of impostors
- Source of the phenomena
- Strategies for survival